GOALS & OBJECTIVES - 2021 BIENNIUM
Division Mission: To serve and assist all agencies and Montana citizens in design and construction of quality facilities, repairs and alterations of existing facilities, and planning for future needs.
Goal: Provide service based on current standards, best practices, and fiscal sustainability.
- Draft and oversee contracts, in accordance with statutes and regulations, for design and construction of Capitol projects.
- Review appropriations annually to ensure authority is reverted to the appropriate fund balance in a timely manner.
- Provide agencies with essential and timely project budget information for agency monitoring and fiscal reporting requirements.
- Present to the legislature a single, comprehensive, and prioritized plan for Capitol construction.
Goal: Emphasize efficiency, reliability, transparency, and leadership.
- Complete construction projects within the time allotted in the contract and within the authorized budget.
- Advise the legislative and executive branches on the status of the Long-Range Building Program projects.
- Deliver buildings that are cost-effective, energy-efficient, affordable to maintain, and comply with current codes and standards.
- Advise on the funding levels necessary to maintain reasonable condition of state-owned facilities.
Goal: Build and maintain relationships to support effective government.
- Use a team-based, collaborative approach with agencies, architects/engineers, and contractors to maximize communication and efficiency in the implementation of projects.
FACILITY INVENTORY & CONDITION ASSESSMENT REPORT
In accordance with § 17-7-202(2)( e ), MCA, the Facility Inventory & Condition Assessment Report is the product of a collaborative effort among the Architecture & Engineering Division, multiple state agencies, and the university system.